Replace or repair and maintain?
How do you choose?
Is your vehicle approaching the end of its warranty?
Has something major just gone wrong?
Are you fed up with maintenance costs?
Have your circumstances changed?
Do you simply feel like a change?
Make sure you get the best information, so you can make a balanced decision that you are happy with.
Would you like an unbiased opinion, based on years of experience working on a wide range of vehicles? We are always happy to talk with you to help you make that all-important decision.
The devil you know... or do you?
Before making a decision regarding your vehicle, there are three things you absolutely must know about the costs associated with your current vehicle:
- The true condition the entire vehicle is in right now.
- The investment needed to have the vehicle in reliable condition
- The annual expected cost to maintain the vehicle in reliable condition
A vehicle inspection at The Garage will also give you the information you need to answer these three question. Only then can you make an informed decision as to whether or not replacement is an economically viable option. Check out the Real Cost Calculator to get an indication of the likely ongoing costs moving forward with a new vehicle.
But it's not all about costs.
There are also several emotional factors you need to take into account when considering, what is for many people, the second largest financial decision next to buying a home.
- Does your current vehicle suit your lifestyle? Is it right for your family, the kids, the dog, your sports and recreational activities etc.?
- Will your vehicle last as long as you want it to? For example, is there major work due on the frame and can you justify doing it even though you may love the vehicle?
- How does it feel with regards to your social circle and how you want to be perceived? Is it a good fit?
The devil you don't know... but you will soon enough!
Should you decide to replace your vehicle, it's important to thoroughly think through the style of vehicle that will suit you best moving forward. It's an important investment and you need to think long-term.
Some factors you may want to consider are:
- How many seats do you need?
- Do you regularly need to move large items?
- What is your initial purchase budget?
- What is your annual maintenance budget?
- How important is it that you 'look good'?
- What colours lift you?
- What is your family situation?
- What is your stage of life?
- Is this the last car you plan to buy?
At The Garage we have lots of experience derived from serving thousands of customers over the years. We specialize in helping our clients sort out all of the factors and any confusion they may experience in vehicle maintenance, repair and purchase.